Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Snowed Under in Southern California

004 - Catching up, community, and thanks (0:35:09) (direct MP3 link)

Featuring Zadi Diaz and Steve Woolf from their Los Angeles apartment.

Been a while, hasn't it. Well, we're back to catch up on things. Like many videobloggers, we have been presented with a bunch of opportunities and we're far too paranoid to pass on any of them, which makes for an interesting schedule. We talk about JETSET, a new television pilot we're working on, how to involve the community in our TV project, the online dustups in the videoblogging community, and send end-of-year shout outs to a bunch of people. We know we forgot some people, so please forgive us if you're not mentioned!!!


Mentioned on the show:

JETSET, TalkShoe, Steve Garfield, Halloween Vlogfest, UTA, Amanda Congdon on ABC News, Ask a Ninja DVD, Brian Lerner, Josh Finn, Jim Kirks, Irina Slutsky and Eddie Codel, Casey McKinnon and Rudy Jahchan, Jay Dedman and Ryanne Hodson, Lan Bui and Vu Bui, Bonny Pierzina, Rick Rey and Eric Rey, Doug Sarine, David Prager, Jonny Goldstein, Chuck Olsen, Scott Simpson, Anastasia Goodstein, Felicia Williams and Alexandra Delyle, Dave Toole and Morty Wiggins, Mike Hudack and Dina Kaplan and Charles Hope, Chris Brogan, Jeff Pulver, David Tenzer, Micki Krimmel, Tim Shey, Sunny Gault and Sarah Szalavitz, Warren Chao, Sanjay Reddy, Ben Cote, Andre Sala, Heather Vescent, Roger Goff, Barrett Garese, Lucas Gonze, Thom Kozik and Brian Nelson, Brandon, Nathan Miller, Drew Olanoff and Shauna Paukune, Ben Williams, TheNursery.tv, Josh Shipp, Andrew Baron

9 Comments:

Blogger Steve Garfield said...

Hi Zadi and Steve,
I feel like I just got off the phone with you guys.

Except that you had a lot to say and I was just listening, but that's not a bad thing. In fact, it makes me very excited to get going on plans to record New Mediacracy live with the ability to have listeners participate.

This episode was like a really good session at podcamp. Not a corporate pitch of anything, but two knowledgeable people informing the audience of things. The thing that made podcamp Boston so great was that a lot of the sessions were in little classrooms where a lot of conversation happened.

Bringing New Mediacracy to another level with added interactivity is going to be fun to explore.

I'm making my list of goals for 2007 and this is the top thing on my list...

Thanks for the mention on the show too.

8:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Zadi & Steve, Steve is right, bringing New Mediacracy to another level does sound like good goal for 2007. I just wanted to say thank you for all these great links. The internet has become such a beautiful place since I "met" you guys. The jetset show is my favourite and Zadis blos are just wonderful to read and watch. Since I am quite new around here, I got a couple of questions: how come I can't watch some of your videos, they just won't open. I do have Quicktime...I don't understand. Oh, and Zadi, you have that Twitter thing on your blog. I registered there as well but how do I put that on my blog? Again, thank you so much for all the work you have done so far. Have a wonderful Christmas

10:31 AM  
Blogger Zadi said...

Steve - Absolutely. We can't wait to start the exploration! Hmm, making a list of goals for 2007 is a good idea. I'll do that myself. :)

Lynda - Thanks for supporting the idea. We'll look into why you can't watch the videos. Do you have the latest version of quicktime installed? With the Twitter badge - you have to set your settings to "public" in order to get the code that you can tack onto your blog. Happy Holidays! :)

10:56 AM  
Blogger Rick Rey said...

Awesome guys, I just finished listening. I'm excited about the future of New Mediacracy, and if it goes to a live format -- I hope to be one of your first prank calls!

Seriously though, I want to thank YOU BOTH for being so supportive of me and Eric. You really are my vlogging mentors and I hope to learn more from you as you take on new projects and move into uncharted waters. If this is the "Wild West" era of videoblogging, you are like Wyatt Earp and Doc Holliday fighting the good fight for videobloggers everywhere.

I'm confident when I say you will have major success in 2007, and it will be 110% deserved. And no matter what, you can count on us to support you in every way.

1:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

First time listener here. I was on this site a while back and didn't know exactly what it was. But since you two run it, it doesn't really matter. YOU GUYS RULE!!

9:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

looking forward to listening to this...
just moved...hectic times...
thanks for the link!

6:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great podcast. Took me to nights to listen to it all hehe. You guys rock, seriously. A real inspiration.

6:39 PM  
Blogger Jeans Pants said...

Honestly I feel the same way Rick does. You both are two people I look up too. I look forward to listening to all the podcasts and vlogs you have coming up in the future.

1:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Really enjoyed the podcast. Especially your calls for supporting one another as a community. It was really important to say right now, and I couldn't agree more.

It was nice hanging out with you for a while on the headphones -- and Zadi, could hear you just fine, no complaints at all about your microphone.

Thanks for the shout-out and the super-kind things you said. It's impossible to follow Micki Krimmel, but you made it easy on me. It was a real pleasure getting to know you both this year... and to become a part of this wildly creative community -- it's hard to believe it's been a year since I first jumped in. Hoping 2007 is even more exciting for everyone.

1:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home